startup order difference between 3.2 and 3.3 (3.4).

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: startup order difference between 3.2 and 3.3 (3.4).
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 12:42:33 +0900 (JST)

Hello

As pointed out the below

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/testing-binary-of-octave-3-3-90-mingw32-is-uploaded-tp3243897p3245428.html

For 3.2 statup messave 'GNU Octave, version ...' appears immediately and then
has lag time to load
dynamic link file.  For 3.3, a lag time appear before message of 'GNU Octave,
version ...'.  As
pointed out the above for slow user thinks that octave hangs.

My preference is 3.2 style. However, there might be reasons the order of
message. Why this other is changed ?  Am I misleading the matter.

Regards

Tatsuro

Get the new Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo! JAPAN
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ie8/