Re: Windows app icon

From: GFotios
Subject: Re: Windows app icon
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 14:41:53 +0100

On Feb 1, 2011, at 2:31 PM, Benjamin Lindner wrote:

| Here is the .ico file for windows.

I get

display: improper image header `/home/jwe/octave.ico' @ error/ icon.c/ReadICONImage/308.

when trying to view this file with ImageMagick on my system.

I can read it, however, it seems to be of incorrect type (looks like
it's a png file wrapped into an .ico file?). Windows does not display
it.
I needed to re-convert it to an .ico format, then it displayed correctly.

However, the black background should probably be not black but transparent?
And the circle is cut off at the edges (right, top, bottom).

benjamin
<testico.png>

This works fine on my win7 machine. I generate the ico using gimp (and previously gimp generated ico files work fine as well) so i can not tell what can be wrong. What is your windows version? Anybody else having a problem with that .ico? When i say "works fine" i mean that there is no stroke, it is transparent, and its size is correct without chopping.

/Fotis