Compile warnings in ARPACK code

From: Rik
Subject: Compile warnings in ARPACK code
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 10:18:29 -0800

1/31/11

John,

When I try the latest tarball I get these two warnings:

../../octave-3.3.91/libcruft/arpack/src/dseupd.f:566.72:

            if (ncv .eq. 1) go to 30
                                                                        1
../../octave-3.3.91/libcruft/arpack/src/dseupd.f:612.72:

 30      end if
                                                                        2
Warning: Deleted feature: GOTO at (1) jumps to END of construct at (2)

AND

../../octave-3.3.91/libcruft/arpack/src/sseupd.f:566.72:

            if (ncv .eq. 1) go to 30
                                                                        1
../../octave-3.3.91/libcruft/arpack/src/sseupd.f:612.72:

 30      end if
                                                                        2
Warning: Deleted feature: GOTO at (1) jumps to END of construct at (2)

This appears to be because label 30 is an "end if" statement rather than
lying completely outside the block we are trying to short-circuit with the
goto.  I prepared a patch that moves the label to the next true Fortran
statement below the 'end if' and it compiles cleanly and passes all tests.
 On the other hand, I don't code Fortran and maybe jumping to an 'end if'
is supposed to re-evaluate the conditional in the style of a continue
statement.  In that case, the label should be moved backward.

--Rik