Re: Octave-3.3.55 and Octave-3.3.90 on OSX

From: Rik
Subject: Re: Octave-3.3.55 and Octave-3.3.90 on OSX
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 09:13:36 -0800

On Jan 31, 2011, at 10:33 AM, Richard Campbell wrote:

> > It works! So PCRE needs to be listed as 'required', apparently.
1/31/11

Octave could move this way and just require PCRE, but I would be interested
to know where the actual problem call to regexp lies.  Earlier, I did a
fair bit of work converting the calls to regexp in the code to be both
POSIX and PCRE compliant.  It might be that just a simple tweak is
required.  For example, the regexp call that I saw briefly in one of the
e-mails was '/\b\w+\b/' which is in PCRE syntax.  The equivalent in POSIX
would be '/\<\w+\</'.

--Rik