Re: who is building Octave on Windows systems?

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: Re: who is building Octave on Windows systems?
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 17:04:54 +0100

> Related to this, does anyone know where to find reliable instructions
> for building all the tools necessary to have a cross version of GCC
> 4.4.x on a Debian system that will generate mingw binaries?  If so,
> please send me the links as I would like to try doing that.  Maybe if
> I had a way to build Octave for mingw it would help to speed up
> debugging of Windows build related problems...

I know this has been an open issue for quite some time now.
I apologise for not having contributed much in the last time. Free
time has been too short.

I am currently working on a refreshment of the mingw build
environment, since it was not really suitable anymore (seeing that
also my free time has been very limited). I would like to separate the
build of the depencency libraries and octave itself, and provide
prebuilt libraries so you don't have to do this all over again if you
want to build octave from the sources.

Together with the cross-compilers provided from the mingw-w64 project
http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/ I guess this would enable
you to cross-build from a linux host.
(This would imply that the dependency libraries have been also build
with mingw-w64's gcc, as they provide their own 32/64bit CRT for
windows - I'd like to make these available).

benjamin