Re: who is building Octave on Windows systems?

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: who is building Octave on Windows systems?
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 03:32:38 +0900 (JST)

Hello
--- "John W. Eaton"
 wrote:

> Is anyone other than Tatsuro building Octave on Windows systems?

>From the ML repository, Ole Jacob Hagen built the octave.
He suggest that the removal of gnulib name space from unlink,

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/MinGW-compile-problems-td2251930.html

Of course Benjamin Lindner, who has been a maintainer of the binary
distribution of octave for verion
3.0 and 3.2.

He seems to have been too busy to commit build activity but seems to restart
commitment on the ML.
I hope he will see this post and will commit to these issues.

Regards

Tatsuro

> has reported a few build problems, but no one has confirmed them:
>
>   https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?32192
>   https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?32200
>
> If you are building on Windows systems and you are not seeing these
> errors, then will you please report that and help Tatsuro discover the
> source of his build problems?  If you are seeing the same problems as
> described in the bug reports linked above, will you please also report
> that and help us to debug the problems?
>
> Related to this, does anyone know where to find reliable instructions
> for building all the tools necessary to have a cross version of GCC
> 4.4.x on a Debian system that will generate mingw binaries?  If so,
> please send me the links as I would like to try doing that.  Maybe if
> I had a way to build Octave for mingw it would help to speed up
> debugging of Windows build related problems...
>
> jwe

Get the new Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo! JAPAN
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ie8/