Re: Re: octave 3.2.4 on solaris sparc

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Re: octave 3.2.4 on solaris sparc
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2010 18:52:55 -0500

On 18-Dec-2010, address@hidden wrote:

| Well I tried it again on Solaris 11 Express using the same sun studio 12.2
| compilers but this time on an AMD Opteron system. I got the same error. My
| guess is that it's some syntax the compiler does not like. I don't know if
| there are some switches I can pass to the sun compilers to make them behave
| more like gnu compilers. But I will give that a try next.

We would like to make Octave portable to (nearly) standard conforming
compilers.  If you would like to help with that, then I recommend that
you try compiling the latest development sources, or a recent
snapshot.  Directions for downloading the development sources are
available at http://www.octave.org/download.html.  The latest snapshot
is available from ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/octave.  If you encounter
problems, please report them on the bug tracker.