Re: octave - vtk

From: Judd Storrs
Subject: Re: octave - vtk
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 09:55:40 -0400

2010/11/3 Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso <address@hidden>:
> On 3 November 2010 01:34, Levente Torok <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I think it is worth having simple functions that support saving in vtk
>> file format and can fire the vtk, if it exists on the path.
>
> By the way, I've had this sitting in my bitbucket for a while, but I
> haven't touched it at all:
>
>     http://bitbucket.org/jordigh/octaviz
>
> I thought about fixing it in order to accomodate newer VTK versions,
> but I have not managed to figure out how the wrapping goes. It
> requires flex/bison knowledge I do not have. If you manage to make
> Octaviz compile, let me know. I have a few things I wanted to patch
> about it, like using a terrain interactor and changing the projection
> it uses.

I think VTK and ITK both use CableSWIG to build bindings for python
and tcl. I think the way CableSWIG works is that they get gcc (or a
modified gcc) to write out an xml file that describes the interfaces.
Maybe rather than write our own lexers and parsers another approach
would be to get CableSWIG to work with octave.

--judd