UIControl draft implementation

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: UIControl draft implementation
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 18:07:27 +0000

Hi,

In attachment, you'll find a draft implementation of UIControl support.
Note that this is only about the required support in octave itself. A big
part of the job is to be done in the backend, and this patch does *not*
implement the FLTK part (I'm using the GTK+ backend as test backend).

This patch still requires some additional dev work (changelog entries,
user-level uicontrol function...), but this will take time as I need to rebase
my patch against current octave and recompile the whole stuff. So I post
the patch mainly to get feedback and comments, in case I'd need to
rework other parts.

The main ideas of this patch are:
1) add uicontrol class
2) let a backend decide which objects it is interested in (return value
of base_graphics_backend::initialize())
3) add event-specific mutex in gh_manager to avoid dead-lock between
octave and a threaded backend
4) add more threading code to support a threaded backend

Michael.