Re: missing file liboctave/lo-array-gripes.h

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: missing file liboctave/lo-array-gripes.h
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 04:36:17 -0400

On 22-Oct-2010, Ben Abbott wrote:

| On Oct 22, 2010, at 12:29 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
|
| > On 22-Oct-2010, Ben Abbott wrote:
| >
| > | I don't see the file lo-array-gripes.h in the archive.
| > |
| > | Did you forget to add it when you committed the changeset below?
| > |
| > |   http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/7c573eb981eb
| >
| > Oops, yes.  I added them and committed the change.
| >
| > jwe
|
| Ok, I'm now able to build, but Octave's path is empty.
|
| ../../run-octave -f -q -H ./mk_doc_cache.m doc-cache ../../scripts/DOCSTRINGS
../../src/DOCSTRINGS || { rm -f doc-cache; exit 1; }
| error: feval: function `unimplemented' not found
| error: called from:
| error:
/Users/bpabbott/Development/mercurial/local_clone/doc/interpreter/mk_doc_cache.m
 at line 42, column 18

| make[3]: *** [doc-cache] Error 1
| make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
| make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
| make: *** [all] Error 2
|
| When I start octave by ./run-octave --norc
|
| octave:1> path
|
| Octave's search path contains the following directories:

I don't see how any of my recent changes couuld have caused that
problem.

The initial path is set directly in the run-octave script with a
--path="$LOADPATH" option, and LOADPATH is determined by some find and
awk commands in the run-octave script.  So what is being computed for
LOADPATH in the run-octave script?  If it is empty, then why?