Re: GraphicsMagick++ expert help needed

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: GraphicsMagick++ expert help needed
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 16:41:13 -0400

On Sep 14, 2010, at 4:36 PM, David Bateman wrote:

> Judd Storrs wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 3:26 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>>> I thought about that, but doesn't it seem odd to not have a way to
>>> write whatever kind of data you happen to have to an arbitrary
>>> filename rather than depend on file extensions?  What is this,
>>> Windoze?  :-/
>>>

>> The command line graphicsmagick tools support a colon syntax. Such as:
>>
>> gm convert test.jpg png:noext
>>
>> I've started looking, but I don't yet know at what level the png: tag
>> is processed (i.e. is it done by convert or by the library).
>>

>> --judd
>>

> Looking at the docs at
>

> http://www.graphicsmagick.org/api/types.html#imageinfo
> http://www.graphicsmagick.org/formats.html
>
> and the file /usr/include/GraphicsMagick/Magick++/STL.h
>
> I'd say something like
>
> imvec.begin().imageInfo().magick = "PNG"
> Magick::writeImages (imvec.begin (), imvec.end (), "anyfilename");
>
> should write a PNG format. I haven't tested it though
>
> D.

I just posted to the bug tracker with a proposed fix.  As I mentioned there, I
don't have a working build system for Octave on my OSX machine currently (still
trying to sort out gfortran/BLAS issues) but I did test the proposed solution
by modifying one of the ImageMagick++ sample files.  I'm sure you would much
prefer a finished patch, but that would have to wait until I get a virtual
machine set up and Octave built.

John Swensen