Re: Matlab compatible legends for FLTK/Gnuplot backends?

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Matlab compatible legends for FLTK/Gnuplot backends?
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 21:19:29 +0200

John W. Eaton wrote:
| This just means the FreeType and fontconfig are required for | the gnuplot backend as well as they are used to estimate the text | extents in gnuplot... The current text extents code in Octave estimates | pretty well the text extents in gnuplot, at least with the wxt and x11 | terminals I've tested with.

What about for printing?

I have no objection to the added dependency, but then I'm using a
system where getting additional dependencies is relatively easy...
Ben's combining the fltk and gnuplot printing probably makes this easier as all of the gnuplot printed formats are derived from the gnuplot eps terminal. I'd say that if the eps, wxt and x11 terminals give good results, then we should be ok.. It is a big hack and approximatively however.

D.

35 rue Gambetta                              +33 1 46 04 02 18 (Home)
92100 Boulogne-Billancourt FRANCE            +33 6 72 01 06 33 (Mob)