Re: wait_for_file ??

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: wait_for_file ??
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2010 20:37:55 -0500

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 7:32 PM, Michael D Godfrey
<address@hidden> wrote:
> On 09/03/2010 05:26 PM, Michael D Godfrey wrote:
>
> I previously said:
>
> Now the question is:  why is the opts.source file not generated
> before __wait_for_file__(opts.source) is called?
>
> I should have added that this makes the __wait_for_file__ patches
> unnecessary.  Once the reason is found for the eps file only being known
> within gl2ps-renderer.cc  there should be no timing window.  Of course,
> please, everyone remember that  fflush()  is required before each fclose().
> Not doing the flush() would reintroduce a window, and this was a a part of
> this problem.

FCLOSE(3)                  Linux Programmer’s Manual                 FCLOSE(3)

NAME
       fclose - close a stream

SYNOPSIS
       #include <stdio.h>

       int fclose(FILE *fp);

DESCRIPTION
       The fclose() function will flushes the stream pointed to by fp (writing
       any buffered output data using fflush(3))  and  closes  the  underlying
       file descriptor.

> Michael

I am not an expert, but there is something fishy is going on...

Dmitri.