Re: Timeline for 3.4 release?

From: bpabbott
Subject: Re: Timeline for 3.4 release?
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:04:29 -0700 (PDT)

On 20 Jul, 2010,at 02:55 PM, Shai Ayal <address@hidden> wrote:

2010/7/20 John W. Eaton <address@hidden>:
> On 17-Jul-2010, Jordi GutiƩrrez Hermoso wrote:
>
> | On 21 May 2010 16:46, Thomas Weber <address@hidden> wrote:
> | > is there any timeline for the 3.4 release?
> |
> | Can I ask this question again? We have a segfault in the current
> | Debian packaging that I can't reproduce in the development sources:
> |
> |      http://bugs.debian.org/589303
> |
> | Should we try to backport a fix from the development sources, or
> | should we wait for a 3.4 release? Debian is probably very close to
> | freezing its next release (small freezes have already occurred in some
> | core system areas), so it would be nice to know what should we do
> | concerning Octave for the next stable Debian release.
>
> One thing that we wanted to get working before 3.4 was making legends
> work with the fltk graphics backend.  Even if we add legends to the
> fltk graphics backend, I don't think we should make it the default
> yet.  Does printing work properly with it yet?

printing to eps works. converting to other formats using ghostscript
can be implemented.
As for the legend, Can this be achieved in m-files only, or is there
some basic functionality needed to be coded in c++?

I don't think I'll be able to contribute any significant amount of
work for any of these, so feel free to adopt them

Shai

If the extents for all text objects were stored in the text properties, then an m-file solution could be implemented.

Having the legends work for both display and printed output looks tricky to me, but if the listeners for the "units" properties were in place, things get much easier.

Ben