Re: Logos proposal

From: Fotios Kasolis
Subject: Re: Logos proposal
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 01:01:35 +0200

On Jun 17, 2010, at 11:08 PM, Ben Barrowes wrote:

> On Thursday 17 June 2010 16:28:21 Fotios Kasolis wrote:

>>> It would be nice to keep the \infty somehow, possibly in the background.
>>> However, notice that the combination of O anc C almost comprise an
>>> infinity symbol. Any way to combine them enough to result in a dual
>>> purpose combination? To be read both as OC and as an \infty depending on
>>> how you look at it. It also helps that the super T sets of the OC before
>>> it already.
>>>
>>> FWIW, I like the forall, making sense to both those who know what it
>>> means and those who don't but can still see it is meant to stand for an
>>> A.
>>>
>>> The e is the last letter to have a special purpose. Eaton comes to mind.
>>> Any way to make an attribution here?
>>
>> Here is what you asked for
>>

>> and here is the Latex code for it
>>
>> \text{O}\hspace{-0.07cm}\text{C}^\text{T}\forall\mathcal{VE}
>

> If you keep  the \mathbb{O} instead of the \text{O} it keeps the set-looking
> quality but I am not
> sure if it blends with the c well enough.
>
> The cmbright capital C has no serif and blends in with the \mathbb{O} (and
> also \text{O}) in a way
> that reminds of \infty... at the same time, I was hoping for a "c" that
> closed in a bit further to
> seem to form a more complete circle. I am also experimenting with the T a
> bit, but the original one
> is fine also.
>
> I have been looking through the symbols-letter.pdf I have, but haven't found
> anything so far.
>
> \renewcommand*\rmdefault{cmbright}\normalfont\upshape
> $\mathbb{O}\hspace{-0.07cm}\text{C}^\textrm{T}\forall\nu\mathcal{E}$
>
> $\text{O}\hspace{-0.07cm}\text{C}^\textit{T}\forall\nu\mathcal{E}$

Another solution (that reminds a bit alien vs predator bomb counter!!! lol)
could be sth like

PNG image

I find the slightly modified version

\text{O}\hspace{-0.07cm}\text{C}\hspace{-0.04cm}^{\text{\footnotesize
T}}\hspace{-0.04cm}\bm{\forall}\mathcal{V}\hspace{-0.04cm}\mathcal{E}

much better than my original one (Judd)!