Re: Axes visibility with imshow

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Axes visibility with imshow
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 07:49:04 +0200

Ben Abbott wrote:
On Apr 24, 2010, at 6:52 PM, David Bateman wrote:

The changeset

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/3ceb12c499e9

made imshow turn the axes visibility off... With the changeset

http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/424795ef82b8

this now means that imshow displays nothing... Was there a reason for this
change? Can we remove the line turning the axes visibility off?

Regards
David

My mistake.

When I pushed the 2nd changeset above, I was thinking that setting the visibility of
"off" would include the axes children as well.

Before I make another mistake, please review the attached.

Ben

Your patch just removes the test for the visibility of the axes, so the question is rather is that the right thing to do.. Reading the comment of why this test was added I suppose the question is what does matlab give for

axes()
set(gca(),'visible','off','color',[1,0,0])

Is a red square visible in the figure or not? and what about

close all
plot(1:10)
set(gca(),'visible','off','color',[1,0,0])

If it is visible in both cases then your change is right. If not then some other change is needed

D.