First success of building octave development branch(3-3-51+) by MinGW (f

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: First success of building octave development branch(3-3-51+) by MinGW (for me)
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2010 11:54:43 +0900 (JST)

Hello

The compile errors which I have suffer in long term suddenly disappeared using
the very recent source.
(At least April 1, I could not compile C++ sources without dirty patches to
gnulib header files and
some octave source.)
I can at last finished to build development source.
Perhaps this is due to the recent improvement of the gnulib

2010-04-08  Marco Atzeri  <address@hidden>
        * Makefile.am (make-version-links, remove-version-links):
        Use SCRIPTS_EXE_SUFFIX for scripts, not EXEEXT.

******************
However built binaries are unstable

octave.exe:4> help plot
panic: Segmentation violation -- stopping myself...
attempting to save variables to `octave-core'...
save to `octave-core' complete

The 'help' command triggers Segmentation violation.

The 'make check' also causes  Segmentation violation.

**************
Integrated test scripts:

  d:\usr\Tatsu\mingwhome\octaves\hg\octave-work\src/DLD-FUNCTIONS\besselj.cc
PASS  180/180
  d:\usr\Tatsu\mingwhome\octaves\hg\octave-work\src/DLD-FUNCTIONS\betainc.cc
panic: Segmentation
violation -- stopping myself...

**********

However, I am changing complier to GCC-4.4.0 to 4.5.0 and this might be origin
of the errors.
(Almost all libraries are still built by GCC-4.4.0)

I will try build using GCC 4.4.0 + libraries shipped with octave-3.2.4/mingwg32
binaries.

Although I cannot report fully successful result, this is the large step for me.

Regards

Tatsuro

Get the new Internet Explorer 8 optimized for Yahoo! JAPAN
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ie8/