Re: Current tip hang on bad syntax

From: Michael D. Godfrey
Subject: Re: Current tip hang on bad syntax
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 10:59:14 -0700

On 03/26/2010 12:39 AM, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
What about valgrind? Does it report anything useful?

What happens if you turn off the missing_function_hook?

First, I just observed that a build of (nearly) the same level on
another computer works correctly.  So, I will try to isolate
what has gone wrong. But, I just pulled the latest updates
and ran make and now the failing system works correctly, too.
I have not done a make install, so I can try to reproduce the
error.  But, what I find is that octave -valgrind does not
work: octave displays the signon and then exits without
printing the prompt or the diagnostics that it should.  If I run the chirp1
script (
without -valgrind) and leave it long enough it seg faults
as it did under gdb.

So, I conclude that there was something wrong with the
state of the hg repository at some point last night, or something
else went wrong in the build that I ran.  The problem is
definitely gone now.

Sorry for the noise.

Michael