Re: safer way to use gnulib ('C++' + 'gnulib' does not still work on Min

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: safer way to use gnulib ('C++' + 'gnulib' does not still work on MinGW )
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 08:16:34 +0900 (JST)

Hello

Mar 17, 2010; 07:03am           John W. Eaton-3

OK, so now we finally have Octave+gnulib working on OS X, except that
we need to do something about the possibility of sigemptyset and
sigaddset being defined as preprocessor macros.

If we can get a similar result for MinGW, I'll make a new snapshot.

I have been sufferring the declaration error in compiling C++ source includes
gnulib modules.
An example is
http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/octave-maintainers/2010-March/015548.html

The declaration error comes from
# if 1
#  if 1
#   if !(defined __cplusplus && defined GNULIB_NAMESPACE)
#    define nanosleep rpl_nanosleep
#   endif

In C++ program and gnulib is used, 'defined __cplusplus && defined
GNULIB_NAMESPACE' is true,
and
#    define nanosleep rpl_nanosleep
does not carried out and this gives a declaration error.

# if 1
#  if 1
//#   if !(defined __cplusplus && defined GNULIB_NAMESPACE)
#    define nanosleep rpl_nanosleep
//#   endif

If the comment out like above are carried out  for the declaration error from
the same origin, compile
goes well.

The below is written previously, sorry for duplication.
********************
I looked change for MSVC.
> I checked in the following change.  Does it help?
>
>   http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/4db7beace28e

I am using '--disable-docs' in the configure because I do not have latex system
on Native windows.
I have a flex but do not have lex library. Does it affect this matter?
****************

To be honest
I cannot understand the meaning the below
#   if !(defined __cplusplus && defined GNULIB_NAMESPACE)

In the nanaspace case, nanosleep.c has only rpl_nanosleep but not nanosleep
if
#    define nanosleep rpl_nanosleep
is not effective, one cannot avoid declaration error.

Am I wrong?

Regards

Tatsuro

VANCOUVER 2010 PARALYMPIC GAMES News