Re: CMatric.cc: ComplexMatrix::solve call is ambigious

From: David Grundberg
Subject: Re: CMatric.cc: ComplexMatrix::solve call is ambigious
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:21:12 +0100

Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 12:00 PM, Jaroslav Hajek <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 11:47 AM, David Grundberg <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

Tried building today and I got this C++ method overloading compile error.
This error is something new, so I thought I'd post it.

I know about this. The actual bug has been there for long, only now it
became a compile-time error thanks to the class hierarchy
simplification.

Strangely enough, with my gcc 4.4 this only produces a warning.

I don't know anything about that. *shrug* The GCC 4.4 release notes do say this though:

 Some of the errors issued by the C++ front end that could be
 downgraded to warnings in previous releases by using
 -fpermissive are now warnings by default. They can be converted
 into errors by using -pedantic-errors.

That could mean anything though.