Re: new snapshot?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: new snapshot?
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:55:43 -0500

On 18-Feb-2010, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

| Do you mean any particular problems, or places that need attention, or
| you're just worried that it doesn't get the testing it deserves?

If possible, I would like the configure script to detect that it is
building with libraries that have been built correctly for 64-bit
indexing.  I think we currently do that for blas and lapack but not
other libraries.

There are currently some test failures in i/o functions, and for qr,
eigs and svds that I would like to fix.

In the next few days, I will post more details for anything that I
can't fix, plus I'd like to have a discussion about how to check for
the proper library versions, but not before I've had a chance to think
about it a little more.

There are also problems with glpk and qhull not being friendly to
64-bit dimensions and index values.  I'm not sure what is best there.
Maybe just ensure that the values are in range for 32-bit values, and
call the libraries with 32-bit integers for dimensions.