Re: compiling development sources

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: compiling development sources
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 13:16:37 -0500

On Feb 11, 2010, at 8:13 AM, Carlo de Falco <address@hidden> wrote:

On 11 Feb 2010, at 14:10, Carlo de Falco wrote:

Maybe I should rebuild all with -ff2c?
Ok,ignore the stupid question, this makes no sense as long as I use g95.
Guess I'll switch to gfortran and give it a try...
c.

To be sure there is no confuion ... switching to gfortran will only help if you use the gfortran for Apple's variant of gcc 4.2.

The link I provided in the earlier response will install a gfortran directly into the gcc 4.2 tools located in /usr. The result is a fortran compiler that is compatible with Apple's compilers and Frameworks.

The need for consistency of compilers was not a problem for me for the 3.2.x series. However, since libtool was added it has become necessary for me.

Ben