Re: color "none" for figures

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: color "none" for figures
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 13:48:34 +0000

On Sun, Feb 7, 2010 at 9:06 AM, David Bateman <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thorsten Meyer wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> attached is a little patch, which allows a value of "none" for the "color"
>> property of a figure.
>> Example:
>> plot(1,1)
>> set(gcf, "color", [1 0 0]); # yellow background
>> set(gcf, "color", "none");  # transparent background
>>

> This should also be done for the axes as the axes and figures are treated
> separately. Shouldn't "none" be the default color for the figure and axes?

I'm not sure about the purpose of a transparent figure window.
In Matlab, the figure color is the background color of the figure
widget, it's not "none" by default (but something like light gray).
What do you expect to happen with a figure color set to "none"?
Transparent window?

Also, the axes color is white by default. This makes sense if
you consider that the figure color is light gray by default.

Michael.