Re: removing older deprecated functions

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: removing older deprecated functions
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 07:44:38 -0500

On 28-Jan-2010, S ren Hauberg wrote:

| tor, 28 01 2010 kl. 03:22 -0500, skrev John W. Eaton:
| > When we started marking functions as deprecated and moving them to the
| > scripts/deprecated directory, I think we discussed keeping the
| > obsolete functions in the Octave distribution for 2 releases, then
| > dropping them.  Is there any objection to doing that now for the
| > following functions, which were marked as deprecated in version 3.0
| > and so should be removed in the 3.4 release?
|
| In general, I'd say get rid of them. However...
|
| > isstr.m
| > clg.m
| > setstr.m
|
| These functions are still supported by Matlab 7.8.0, so for
| compatibility I think we should keep those around for some to to come.

Thanks for checking.

Apparently clg gives a warning, and all three are documented as being
obsolete and/or possibly being removed in the future.

OK, I've removed them from the list of obsolete functions in the
manual, added  "Matlab still has this functions, so don't remove just yet"
notes in the functions themselves.

Are there any others?