octave/mingw32 installation tree

From: Benjamin Lindner
Subject: octave/mingw32 installation tree
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 22:47:50 +0100

Hello,

I got a octave/mingw32 build to complete, and after executing "make install" I get a somewhat broken installation tree.

The octave dlls are installed to
 $prefix/lib/bin
instead of
 $prefix/bin
where the executables are installed to.

I need to move the contents of $prefix/lib/bin to $prefix/bin in order to run octave.

All DLD-FUNCTIONs are installed as dll into
 $prefix/lib/octave-3.5.50+
but they should actually not be installed at all, shouldn't they?

The corresponding .oct files are installed correctly and are found by octave.

All in all, it finally executes OK. Very nice!

I see some issues with plotting and the fltk backend, but I'll report them separately.

benjamin