Re: fast scatter plots - advice sought

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: fast scatter plots - advice sought
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:23:53 -0500

On 11-Jan-2010, Michael D Godfrey wrote:

| "matlab compatibility" should not be carried too far here.  How many
| users would be
| affected by changes in the children hierarchy?

Matching patch objects vs. line objects seems worthwhile to me, at
least for the reason David stated, so that colormap works as expected
for scatter plots.  Also, don't line and patch objects have different
property lists?  If so, then code that expects to be able to set patch
properties for scatter plots will fail if line objects are used.  So I
see no reason to make the switch from patch to line.