Re: unwind_protect & try/catch combined corner case

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: unwind_protect & try/catch combined corner case
Date: Thu, 07 Jan 2010 14:08:07 +0100

tor, 07 01 2010 kl. 13:36 +0100, skrev Jaroslav Hajek:
> Maybe the whole matter is just too much
> of a corner case for anyone to really care.

It really does sound like an obscure corner case. But how about this
semi-real-world example?

        function main ()
          try
            do_stuff_in_dir ("some/directory");
          catch
            warning ("An error occurred, but I don't care");
          end_try_catch
        endfunction

        function do_stuff_in_dir (directory)
          unwind_protect
            wd = pwd ();
            cd (directory);
            do_stuff ();
          unwind_protect_cleanup
            # this will raise an error because I forgot the parenthesis
            cd wd
          end_unwind_protect
        endfunction

In this case, I will not get an error, right? I think it would be really
helpful if I got the error message from 'cd'. So, I think it might be
good if errors raised during interrupt handling could not get caught.

Soren