Re: error: invalid character `' (ASCII 0) near line 164, column 2 [chang

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: error: invalid character `' (ASCII 0) near line 164, column 2 [changeset]
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 02:04:29 -0500

On  1-Jan-2010, Ben Abbott wrote:

| On Jan 1, 2010, at 7:52 PM, Michael D Godfrey wrote:
|
| > On 12/31/2009 01:40 PM, Ben Abbott wrote:
| >> Using the attached changeset, I'm now able to build successfully using
both the flex from sourceforge and the one bundled with MacOS X.

| >> If someone can give it a sanity check, I'll push it.
| >>
| >> Ben
| >>
| > It works on my Mac 10.6.  Thanks.
| >
| > Michael
|
| I'm worried there may be other instances where Apple is using "0" for "EOF".
However, I don't see that being a problem for committing this changeset. So if
no problem arises, I push it this weekend.

Please undo this changeset.

As you noted, there are other places where we check for EOF after
calling yyinput and your patch only changes one check.  If checking
for 0 or EOF is the right thing to do, then we should fix all the
checks.

But I don't think it is correct for yyinput to return 0 for EOF and we
should just avoid this version of flex.

Thanks,