Re: Mac OS X 10.6 status (gfortran 4.2.1)

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Mac OS X 10.6 status (gfortran 4.2.1)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 10:38:14 -0500

On Dec 27, 2009, at 3:17 AM, Michael D Godfrey wrote:

> The second was fixed by reverting
> the gfortran in use to the Apple version 4.2.1.  I had tried various
> gnu gfortrans up to 4.5.

Michael,

I'd been playing with doing that as well. Specifically, I tried the Snow
Leopard binary available from ...

        http://r.research.att.com/tools/

With gfortran 4.2.4, I was able to build including the OpenGL and Carbon
Frameworks, but encountered a lot of warnings when Octave was run (I didn't
make note of what they were). Unfortunately, after pulling fresh sources to the
get the changes for lex.ll and md5, I'm no longer able to build (I've tried
4.2.4, as well as 4.4).

In any event, did you compile gfortran for gcc 4.2.1 yourself, or is it
available in binary form from somewhere?

Ben