R: git through proxy - changeset proposal

From: Riccardo Corradini
Subject: R: git through proxy - changeset proposal
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 09:08:18 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Marco,
I had the sample problem, but I simply updated the lines 405 and 406 of bootstrap in octave dev version
    git clone --help|grep depth > /dev/null && shallow='--depth 2' || shallow=
    git clone $shallow http://git.savannah.gnu.org/r/gnulib.git/ ||
and it works perfectly behind my proxy .
Hope this could be considered as an alternative solution..
Respectfully
Riccardo