Re: Patches to enable MSVC compilation

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: Patches to enable MSVC compilation
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 08:30:19 +0100

2009/12/10 John W. Eaton <address@hidden>:
> On 10-Dec-2009, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
>
> | On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 10:19 PM, John W. Eaton <address@hidden> wrote:
> | > On  8-Dec-2009, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
> | >
> | > Are you maintaining patches separately from the Octave sources for
> | > Intel C++?
> |
> | Yes, I've been doing that. Right now I have only one patch remaining,
> | though, and I think the problem is fixed in a newer version.
> | I'm also keeping saved configurations for Octave and some of its
> | libraries to be compiled with Intel C++ (SuiteSparse, FFTW, pcre,
> | qhull etc).
>
> Should any of these things be added to the Octave sources?  Either the
> patches themselves, or a pointer to them in a README file?  It might
> help others trying to build Octave with Intel C++.
>
> jwe

Right now the only patch is one that fixes a blatant bug in Intel C++
10 regarding wrong log2 outputs. That's not really related to Octave
much, I think.

But now that you mention it, I think I could create and maintain a
README.Intel file, just like README.MSVC (which is now unmaintained).
Is that OK?

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert & GNU Octave developer