Re: eliminating conf.texi

From: Rik
Subject: Re: eliminating conf.texi
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2009 16:45:20 -0800

John W. Eaton wrote:
> On  3-Dec-2009, John W. Eaton wrote:
>

>   * if you don't have the qhull or sparse libraries, no warning is
>     produced telling you that the documentation files won't be
>     constructed properly.  They will be constructed, but the figures
>     that require those libraries will all be sombreros instead of what
>     they really should be.

One hack might be to add a -local target which checks for the presence
of the correct libraries in config.h.  If the library isn't present then
the shell returns an error code and make stops.  Here is a rough guess
at what this might look like:

dist-local:
    @$(GREP) '#define HAVE_QHULL 1' $(top_builddir)/config.h > /dev/null