Re: fltk-config for windows gives -mwindows flag (was octave-3.3.50 buil

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: fltk-config for windows gives -mwindows flag (was octave-3.3.50 built by mingw-gcc-4.4.0 cannot be executed.)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:03:31 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- Shai Ayal  wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have never used fltk with mingw, only cygwin, so I don't know :(
> Did you try to compile with these flags? what were the results of
> removing -mwindows -- did the fltk backend compile/run?

Yes it work if I remove '-mwindows' flag from fltk-config. (Howeever, eigs.cc
test causes segfault! in
the yesterday run).

It is also case for wxWidget case for gnuplot.  I discussed one of the wxWidget
developer. I proposed
that -mwindows flag is to be removed from wx-config.  However, my proposal is
rejected because most
users use native windows application.

Tweaking wx-config is easy but the tweaking without careful consideration is
better to be avoided. I'm
afraid that it may cause unwanted results when I use wxWidget libraries for
other applications.

In the case of fltk and octave, I think it would better to modify configure
setting of octave than to
modify fltk-config.  That is because fltk is not only used for octave. So that
change of default
setting should be avoided if possible.

How do other people think about this case ?

Regards

Tatsuro

Yahoo! JAPAN - Internet Security for teenagers and parents.
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/security/