Re: bug in oct-cmplx.h?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: bug in oct-cmplx.h?
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 10:56:35 -0400

On 15-Sep-2009, Thorsten Meyer wrote:

| I always thought that ./config.status --recheck did the same as
| ./configure (only that it saved me retyping the detailed configure
| options).  Apparently, this is not (always) the case. Can you explain?

Read the description of the --recheck option in the autoconf manual.
I don't think it does what you expect.  I think this is an autoconf
issue, but perhaps we could have better integration of autoconf and
Make, so that things are updated correctly and automatically when
there are changes to the configure scripts.  That we generally need to
run autogen.sh and configure when things change doesn't bother me too
much, so I'm unlikely to make changes, but I would of course consider
patches.