Re: changeset 9395 (3.2.x branch) should be applied not only x11 term bu

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Re: changeset 9395 (3.2.x branch) should be applied not only x11 term but on windows, wxt, ( and aqua) term
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 00:11:25 +0900 (JST)

Hello

--- Benjamin Lindner wrote:

> Hmm, I tend to disagree.
> With this patch we try fixing a hole in the cauldron by drilling
> additional holes.
>
> I think it would be cleaner if the initial patch which supposedly fixes
> some behaviour for x11 (and only x11?) is repaired so that it only
> modifies behaviour for x11 and leaves the rest at status-quo.

I confirmed the same issue occurs at not only x11 but also at windows, and wxt
terminals.
I do not know that this issue occurs at aqua terminal but I think this problem
is not specific to x11
terminal but to all the screen terminals ('screen terminal means here one
terminal on which a graph is
drawn in the graphic console but not to a file ').

> Is the undesired behaviour of the x11 reminal really caused by octave's
> gnuplot backend? Or is it a gnuplot bug? If so, I think it would be
> better to fix it in gnuplot.

Your opinion should be considered.  This issue clearly comes from the change
between 3.0.x and 3.2.x.
Therefore we should go back what is changed and why this change is implemented.
We should discern cooly what is a real origin of this problem.

Anyway we should  not seek an urgent and temporal answer on this issue.

Thanks!

Tatsuro

Thanks 10 years!  Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions
http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/ec10years/