Re: Building octave with large matrices support

From: Jaroslav Hajek
Subject: Re: Building octave with large matrices support
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 13:09:47 +0200

On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 1:01 PM, John W. Eaton<address@hidden> wrote:
> On  2-Sep-2009, Jaroslav Hajek wrote:
>
> | I've also added into acx_blas_f77_func.m4 a (tricky) check for
> | matching integer sizes between Fortran and BLAS:
> | http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/de6f547574be
>
> Thanks.  Is this test independent of the endianness of the system?

Partially. The second part (checking against 32-bit Fortran calling
64-bit BLAS) is - that's why there are 3 numbers. The first part
assumes little endian; however, I think the case of 64-bit Fortran
calling 32-bit BLAS on big endian architecture actually has no chance
of getting that far; it's bound to faile the earlier tests. So, in
general, the test as whole should be endian-proof, though of course
that needs to be tested in order to be sure.

--
RNDr. Jaroslav Hajek
computing expert & GNU Octave developer