Re: Unreliable OSX Builds

From: Joel LeBlanc
Subject: Re: Unreliable OSX Builds
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 15:11:53 -0400

I'm not nearly talented enough to get this thing built with any confidence.  For a while, I "fixed" something by adding "-L/sw/lib/fltk-aqua/lib -L/sw/lib/flex/lib -L/sw/lib -lfltk_gl -lfltk" to the configure statement (see my original post).

It seems that autoconf is completely unaware that port and fink produce /opt and /sw folders that are highly likely to contain the libraries your gonna need.  I'd try to help, but seriously, my ineptitude in such matters is staggering ; )

What worries me is that it won't build... regularly.  It released without being able to be built.  How can this thing possibly be passing testing, and get to a released, if it won't even build?

It's too bad.  I'd really like to contribute to testing (I'm a power Matlab user), but I'm basically being left out.  Imagine the average Matlab user, they're not going to tweak configure flags.  As a result, they'll never even have a chance to give feedback because it'll never build.

I guess bringing it up in the forums (is this really a forum?), is the best way to start moving toward a fix.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

~Joel