Re: Zoom GUI in fltk backend

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Zoom GUI in fltk backend
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 15:38:13 -0400

On Jul 20, 2009, at 4:41 AM, Søren Hauberg wrote:

man, 20 07 2009 kl. 09:15 +0100, skrev Michael Goffioul:
On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 8:24 PM, Søren Hauberg<address@hidden> wrote:
Perhaps what we need is a feature to select the axis as current by
clicking. I think the competition does it that way.

I think that would be a good approach. I don't know how to do it,
though.

I think this is backend's job. The GTK+ backend does this, you may
want to look at

http://octavede.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/octavede/trunk/ui/gh-axesbox.cc?revision=86&view=markup

The next step is also to set the figure's currentaxes property.

Thanks, I'll have a look once time permits me.

BTW. why is the GTK backend developed separately and not in Octave?

Søren

I have been working on a book chapter and haven't had time to get a patch done. Plus I am dreading having to learn how all of the Octave autotools stuff is set up and add all that is necessary to check for the gtk and gtk opengl dependencies.

John Swensen