Re: Zoom GUI in fltk backend

From: Søren Hauberg
Subject: Re: Zoom GUI in fltk backend
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 22:31:14 +0200

tir, 30 06 2009 kl. 23:15 +0300, skrev Shai Ayal:
> I like this style of zoom (like google maps?).

Yeah, it works like Google maps.

> It could be default,
> but why not make the "old" style an option?. But I'm not sure where
> backend options should go.

One argument for not making the "old" style an option, is that having
several options means more stuff breaks.

If several options were to be implemented, then I guess the behaviour
could be selected as a 'figure' option. I see that Matlab allows [1] you
to set zooming options such as 'RightClickAction'. We could just add a
'DragBehaviour' that could either be 'zoom' or 'translate', or something
like that.

Soren

[1] http://www.mathworks.com/access/helpdesk/help/techdoc/ref/zoom.html