Re: policy for release branch

From: Robert T. Short
Subject: Re: policy for release branch
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 15:27:08 -0700

Jaroslav Hajek wrote:

Unfortunately, I have an evil, twisted mind, so I don't merely ignore
people when I disagree with them. Instead, I argue with them. So
better watch your feelings anyway, just in case.

Ahh!  Me too.  And I love to argue.  As long as it is not personal, but professional,
we both learn something and, maybe, just perhaps, come out with a better octave
and some professional growth.

Seriously, Jaroslav,  I probably agree with most everything you say, especially about
the advantages of octave over MATLAB.  I don't actually disagree with the release
process, but it is certainly worth thinking about doing things differently.  You may
choose NOT to do things differently, but the thinking part is always worth it.  Open
source, open minds! (now, I am not suggesting anyone has a closed mind - quite the
opposite)  The real objective, I think, is to get the most done with the least effort.

I have done a lot of software over the years, but this is my first serious encounter
with  an open source project.  The models I have in my mind may really just not
apply.

Just FYI, notice in one of the messages I did volunteer to help with the release
process.  I must be out of my mind, but I did.  I am still enough of a newbie that
you may not WANT my help, but it was offered.

So there.

I will respond to your message in detail later.  More arguing.  :-P

Bob