Re: broken gnuplot pipe with coloured scatter3 from octave

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: broken gnuplot pipe with coloured scatter3 from octave
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 20:52:07 -0400

On May 29, 2009, at 4:39 PM, address@hidden wrote:

Hello!

Because the thread below says it's a gnuplot issue I post this here as well:

In octave I'm having troubles with coloured sactter3. If I do:

x=rand(100,1)
y=rand(100,1)
z=rand(100,1)

scatter3 (x, y, z);
scatter3 (x, y, z, [], 'b');
scatter3 (x, y, z, z);
scatter3 (x, y, z, 50);
all is fine (just the spotsize is not changed) but with:

scatter3 (x, y, z, 50, [], 's');
scatter3 (x, y, z, 50, []);

The developers sources did not produce the same errors, but the two examples you gave did produce errors due to an empty color spec.

A trivial changeset with new demos has been pushed.

        http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/d8becc6d0a18

This change might work for 3.0.5, but I haven't tried.

Ben