Re: [CHANGESET] updated print.m

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: [CHANGESET] updated print.m
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 02:11:27 -0400

On May 22, 2009, at 9:43 AM, Benjamin Lindner wrote:

I've pushed this changeset. If anyone has trouble printing let me know (particularly on Windows).

I did a check using print.m on mingw32 (not printing to hardware) using this simple test sequence:

plot(0:0.1:10, sin(0:0.1:10), "@-;sin;", 0:0.1:10, cos(0:0.1:10), "@-;cos;");
print -depsc2 test.eps
print -dpsc2  test.ps
print -dpng   test.png
print -demf   test.emf
print -dpdf   test.pdf

and all work except the pdf output.

I suggest the attached two changesets for the windows users:
1) ensure that gnuplot_binary is quoted when used, because it may contain spaces (this sadly happens quite frequently under windows).

2.a) in print.m, for the same reason, ensure that ghostscript_binary is always quoted when used. 2.b) use double quotes, since cmd.exe does not seem to understand single quotes. 2.c) the windows binary of ghostscript uses the environment variable GSC as location for the console ghostscript binary. I added code in print.m to test for %GSC% and use it, and default to "gswin32c" otherwise. 2.d) single-quote the output file name in gnuplot_drawnow.m to allow for backslash file separators. Otherwise print("-demf","t:\\temp\ \test.emf") will not work, while print("-demf","t:/temp/test.emf") works.

With this I get working output for all 5 file formats.

Somethig else I realized: gnuplot's pdfcairo terminal is not recognized, so even while gnuplot has a direct pdf output terminal, print.m uses the indirect way ps->pdf via ghostscript.

Ben,

I tried to import your changesets using "hg import ..." and "patch -p1 < your.patch", but they do not apply for me.

I assume there are some EOL problems ... which might be introduced by my email client.

Can you resend them as attachements, and if you create them using "hg import ..." please include the hg header as well. Also John has committed a patch since you last pulled. That needs to be corrected as well.

Ben