Re: 3.0.5 ?

From: Rafael Laboissiere
Subject: Re: 3.0.5 ?
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 10:36:21 +0200

* John W. Eaton <address@hidden> [2009-04-07 15:51]:

> It's OK if the difference between 3.0.4 and 3.0.5 is just a single
> patch.  I think it is better to have that than to have people
> downloading and using the buggy version.

I fully agree with you here.  If a given patch of whichever size fixes a
serious bug and do no introduce any regressions, then I think that it is
perfectly okay to release a new tarball.

FYI, the ascii load bug has also been reported [1] against the Debian
octave3.0 package.  I have already backported the patch to the
forthcoming 3.0.4-1 version of the Debian package, which will be
uploaded soon to unstable.

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/523042

--
Rafael