Re: Example plot in Manual lacks text

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: Example plot in Manual lacks text
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 19:10:11 -0400

On Apr 6, 2009, at 6:55 PM, Michael D. Godfrey wrote:

Do you see pdfcairo in the list of devices?
No. The alphabetical list shows:
pbm Portable bitmap [small medium large] [monochrome gray color] pcl5 HP Designjet 750C, HP Laserjet III/IV, etc. (many options)
            png  PNG images using libgd and TrueType fonts
postscript PostScript graphics, including EPSF embedded files (*.eps)
        pslatex  LaTeX picture environment with PostScript \specials
          pstex  plain TeX with PostScript \specials
       pstricks  LaTeX picture environment with PSTricks macros

Also, I assume this is where "convert" is intended to produce a pdf- file from an eps-file?
I guessed that this might be true, but I do not know. Will take a look.
Michael

hmm ... I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Form gnuplot what do you get when you type

        print GPVAL_TERMINALS

For 4.3.0, I get

gnuplot> print GPVAL_TERMINALS
aqua canvas cgm corel dpu414 dumb dxf eepic emf emtex epslatex epson_180dpi epson_60dpi epson_lx800 fig ggi gif gnugraph gpic hp2623A hp2648 hp500c hpdj hpgl hpljii hppj imagen jpeg latex lua mf mif mp nec_cp6 okidata pbm pcl5 pdf pdfcairo png pngcairo postscript pslatex pstex pstricks qms regis rgip starc svg tandy_60dpi tek40xx tek410x texdraw tgif tkcanvas tpic uniplex unknown vttek wxt wxtp x11 xlib

This variable is not present in 4.2.x. What I'd like to determine is if your gnuplot supports pdfcairo but not pdf.

Ben