Re: axis square

From: Marco Caliari
Subject: Re: axis square
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 16:35:33 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009, Ben Abbott wrote:

On Mar 9, 2009, at 10:48 PM, Marco Caliari wrote:

Dear maintainers,
the enclosed patch (against 3.1.54) makes "axis square" to behave in a compatible way and as described in the documentation. I also modified the demo, since "axis normal", "axis square", "axis equal" should appear after a plot command in order to take effect (this is also a compatible behaviour). Please consider to apply this patch.
Best regards,
Marco<axis.m.patch>
Marco,
If I understand correctly, the "square" and "equal" options need to be switched.
Dear Ben,
I don't think so. If you use "axis square" it means you want the plot in a square box.

Ok, we have the same understanding of what "square" should do.

With the changeset I've attached, and applied to the current developers sources, the first demo produces the image at the link below.

http://www.picturehosting.com/gallery.php?g=axis&u=bpabbott&i=icture1.png

Is the image at the link consistent with your understanding?

Yes, and with ml.

Marco

Ok, please look over the changeset. If it looks good to you (I'll test it a bit more as well), I'll push it.

Dear Ben,

your picture is fine for me. But if I apply your changeset to 3.1.54, then I get the picture here

http://157.27.10.252/~caliari/picture.png

which is wrong. Maybe other changes have occured after 3.1.54 that I am not aware of. By the way, I am using gnuplot 4.2.4.

Cheers,

Marco