Is axes() required before plot when using child of axes on Octave 3.0.4?

From: Tatsuro MATSUOKA
Subject: Is axes() required before plot when using child of axes on Octave 3.0.4?
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 08:15:37 +0900 (JST)

Hello

I have tried to use the script attached to this mail.

I add two 'axes' commands in lines 45 and 61.

For octave 3.0.2 (mingw: Bejamin), the 'axes' commands are not needed.
For octave 3.0.3(MSVC and cygwin), 'hold on' was not effective without the axes
command before hold
on.
For octave 3.0.4(mingw, Built by myself), plot did not appreared because of
errors.

error: axes: expecting argument to be axes handle
error: evaluating if command near line 46, column 5
error: evaluating if command near line 30, column 3
error: called from `axes' in file
`C:\Programs\msys\1.0\local\octave-3.0.4RC4\share\octave\3.0.4\m\plot\axes.m'
  :
  :
After I noticed 'error: axes: expecting argument to be axes handle', I add two
axes commands.

Is axes() command  required to plot correctly when I would use axis and so on ?

Anyway adding axes() seems to be reuired for the octave-3.0.4 So I will rewrite
scripts.

Regards

Taturo

http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/