Re: 3.0.4 RC4

From: Rob Mahurin
Subject: Re: 3.0.4 RC4
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 13:16:55 -0500

On Feb 20, 2009, at 12:49 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:
On 20-Feb-2009, Rob Mahurin wrote:
| I guess I can pull from this and from http://www.octave.org/hg/ octave
| to the same working copy, and so I can have them both in the same
| place without pestering anyone else.  Hooray for distributed source
| control.

What do you mean by "to the same working copy"?

$ pwd
/Users/rob/src/octave
$ hg pull http://www.octave.org/hg/octave
$ hg pull http://hg.tw-math.de/release-3-0-x
$ hg branches
default                     9175:fa981a053064
release-3-0-x               9028:0bd0ac660964 (inactive)
$ hg log -f | head
changeset:   9175:fa981a053064
$ hg checkout release-3-0-x
2698 files updated, 0 files merged, 830 files removed, 0 files unresolved
$ hg checkout default
2010 files updated, 0 files merged, 1518 files removed, 0 files unresolved

Now both histories are in the same mercurial database. This has turned out useful in my projects where I use git, but none of them are as large as octave. We'll see what happens.

| Should this link be at the bottom of http://www.gnu.org/software/
| octave/download.html with the other development source links?
| "Bugfixes in the 3.0.x branch are developed in the repository at
| <link>" ? Or perhaps some equivalent statement when 3.2 is released?

Sure. Would you (or anyone else) like to help out with maintaining the web pages?

I can help out with maintaining the web pages. There was some recent discussion about merging the octave.org and octave.sourceforge.com web pages.

Rob

--
Rob Mahurin
Department of Physics and Astronomy