Re: Is it OK for genpath to skip all directories beginning with a period

From: John Swensen
Subject: Re: Is it OK for genpath to skip all directories beginning with a period
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 13:19:58 -0500

On Feb 18, 2009, at 1:13 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On 18-Feb-2009, John Swensen wrote:

| I have attached a patch that has the genpath function skip all
| directories that begin with a period.  My main reason for doing this
| was .svn and .hg directories.

Would that create any compatibility problems?

In any case, it might be better to introduce a variable that contains
a list of patterns to skip instead of just skipping all directories
that start with ".".

jwe

There is already a FIXME comment in the sources along the lines of the skipping method you suggested, but that is also non-compatible behavior.

John Swensen