Re: GPU computing for octave

From: Andreas Romeyke
Subject: Re: GPU computing for octave
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 08:46:42 +0100

Hello

Am Fri, 30 Jan 2009 22:31:25 -0800 (PST)
schrieb melonakos <address@hidden>:

> We recently released Jacket v1.0 - a CUDA-based engine for MATLAB.
> Jacket uses MEX to interface with MATLAB, so we're wondering if it
> will work with Octave.  If there is any Octave developers interested
> in trying this out, please email us and we'd be happy to arrange this
> with you.

A Student of me is finishing his thesis about API for GPU based
computing and its usage and implementation within Octave.

He is using CGIS (API of a team around University of Saarbruecken) and
Brook/Brook+, finally. The intention not to use CUDA was the License
conflict and because CUDA focuses on a specific hardware manufacturer.

The work will be released until March 2009 and distributed under terms
of GPL. Please be patient... :)

Bye Andreas

--
Software Developer / Dipl. Inform. (FH)
Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences