Re: outstanding changesets

From: Ben Abbott
Subject: Re: outstanding changesets
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 07:06:43 -0500

On Jan 27, 2009, at 11:03 PM, John W. Eaton wrote:

On  2-Jan-2009, Ben Abbott wrote:

| I have four outstanding changesets. They are below.

*snip*

| (4) freqz produces incorrect output
| http://www-old.cae.wisc.edu/pipermail/bug-octave/2008-December/007493.html
| changeset-freqz.patch

Have we decided that this is the correct fix, or is there more to it?

Thanks,

jwe

Regarding freqz, you had pointed out the phase looked strange. I'm not sure I found what you saw, but it appears that the proprietry implementation unwraps the phase in only one direction. This ensures the phase delay is positive (phase slope is negative). I don' t have a nice solution for that yet.

The phase slope issue is unrelated to the original problem, so there is some merit to committing the current change and following up with a second. Do you have a preference? (anyone else?).

Ben